MY-Options is one of the unique features of MY-Yearout as you can design your own yearout programme by choosing 6 modules (each module is 3.5 hrs long) from a wide and varied range of Christian ministries:
Check out our slideshow on www.myspace.com/myyearout
- Teenage Christian Discipleship (Sanctifi - a town-wide Christian youth meeting.
- Schools Work (Teenagers) (help support 2 teenage Christian cell groups)
- Schools Work* (Children) (get involved in assemblies, lunch clubs, after school clubs...)
- MusicZone* (help run our fully equipped music practice & recording room).
- Music Recording (using Digidesign 002 Pro Tools recording system).
- InfoZone &TalkZone (opportunities to be trained in listening skills & mentoring).
- Church Placement* (Church ministry placement in youth, or children, or worship).
- Football Outreach (playing and/or coaching).
- Worship (outreach events and church based).
- Sound & Lighting (gain experience in sound and lighting at live events).
- Detached youthwork (friendship evangelism in the local community).
- CafeZone* (a session in Eden's popular youth centre in addition to your core module)
- Creative Workshops (help run and arrange on any topic, e.g. music, video, dance, football, multimedia skills, photography, pottery...).
- Accredited Youthwork Training (this incurs an extra cost)
We will help you shortlist your MY-Options at the interview stage and finalise them with you before you start My-Yearout.
On top of the 6 MY-Options you will also do the following 4 MY-Core modules:
- MY-Prayer/Planning (prayer, worship, team meetings etc).
- MY-Discipleship (Christian studies led by MY-Staff and guest speakers).
- MY-CafeZone (a session in Eden's popular youth centre).
- MY-Office (get involved and gain experience in keeping a busy youth centre running).
- Personal Mentoring (from experienced MY-Staff).
- Soul Net Retreat @ Center Parcs (get closer to God).
- Church & Sanctifi (if these are not your MY-Options then you will be required to attend, but not work).
- Community Action as part of the nationwide initiative The Noise.